The Basic Life Saving (BLS) Techniques workshop covers some of the most basic rudimentary skills required to treat people who have been injured. The class will be taught by medical professionals who have saved countless lives during their careers. The class goes hand in hand with the Medic Station activity.
- Explain why every person should have a basic knowledge of life saving techniques
- Explain how to properly assess a sick or injured person
- Checking for a pulse and airway obstructions
- Demonstrate pressure dressings
- Demonstrate tourniquets and when they are utilized
- Demonstrate how to treat persons with heat and cold injuries
Nobody should forget what happened in Boston. The primary reason that only three people died is because the victims got rapid and effective medical treatment. We can’t tell you how many times we have responded to various accidents and calls and observed injured or sick persons incapacitated on the ground and numerous bystanders standing around doing NOTHING! It shouldn’t be that way, but it is. We will give you the basic training to at least render basic aide until help arrives.