The Generator workshop is an introduction to different generator types and their output. The class will cover the different power outputs and will give you a guide to calculating your own needs. You will also learn about fuel consumption of the different generators so you don’t end up purchasing a $10,000 generator only to find out your fuel went bad or that you only have two or three days’ worth of fuel.
- Overview of gas generators and their pros and cons
- Overview of diesel generators and their pros and cons
- Overview of propane generators and their pros and cons
- How to calculate your own homes needs by counting wattage usage
- Cover generator fuel usage and storage
After a major disaster you often lose all power and utilities for an extended period of time. If you live in a rural area, it will take even longer to restore utilities. Having a generator makes sense if you don’t want to be uncomfortable. A generator will provide electricity to your refrigerator so your food does not spoil, can power small space heaters to keep you warm and so on. There are many things to consider when purchasing a generator; this course will make sure you get the basics.